Vietnam is not so strict on entry visa requirements like other countries. Below is list of things you will need to know before you enter Vietnam.
All travelers need to present their passports at the Vietnamese border to gain entry. To meet the entry requirements, nationals from certain countries also need to obtain a visa in advance while the other can enter without a visa.
Mandatory Requirements (in case you get your visa in advance from the embassy)
- A valid passport with 02 blank pages and 6 months remaining beyond intended stay
- Proof of onward travel (Unlikely to be asked)
- Visa application form (https://visa.mofa.gov.vn/_layouts/registration/ApplicationForm.aspx)
- 2 recently taken photos
- Visa application fees
Mandatory Requirements (in case you apply for a visa on arrival online)
- Applicants must enter Vietnam by air to Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city or Da Nang.
- Passport must valid at least 6 month from the date of exit.
- Two passport photos size 4 x 6 cm (see photo specifications).
In most cases, you do NOT need to show the following:
- Proof of sufficient financial
- Vaccination certificate
- Travel plans (including a proof of hotel booking)
The required documents and visa requirements for Vietnam can vary on a case-to-case basis, therefore, it is advised that you consult with the local Embassy of Vietnam before you travel to Vietnam.
Vietnam applies its new policy for e-visa effective from 1 February 2017.
Ever wonder how the immigration takes place? Here is what happens as you leave your country for Vietnam.
In this page, you will find the detailed guide to fill out a Vietnam visa application forms and entry/exit form.