Vietnam photo details and specifications for passport and visa applicants.
Visa photo requirements
One of the essential parts in preparing for your passport or visa applications is photos. Most government agency and travel agents will tell you that you need passport sized photos. This can be a confusing message since different countries have different photo specifications. Generally, Vietnamese officers are not too strict about the photo details, but you still need to know the following rules:
- Face of the applicants must be at a neutral expression, without smiling or frowning.
- Your photos must be taken within 6 months of the application date. Dated stamp is not necessary but do not show a photo that is dramatically different from your current look.
- Photos must be taken against a white back ground and printed on quality photo paper.
- You can not wear any kind of glasses when taking these photos.
- Veins, hats and scarfs are strictly prohibited, and any other accessories that cover your ears or foreheads.
- Passport size photos: strictly be 4x6 cm.
- Visa photos: depend on the country of residence and it can be 4x6 cm or 2x2 inches.
Vietnam applies its new policy for e-visa effective from 1 February 2017.
Ever wonder how the immigration takes place? Here is what happens as you leave your country for Vietnam.
In this page, you will find the detailed guide to fill out a Vietnam visa application forms and entry/exit form.