Vietnam applies its new policy for e-visa effective from 1 February 2017.
Tourist visa stamp
As of 2023, citizens from 80 eligible countries are able to apply for their visa online, besides the traditional way of getting a visa through a Vietnamese embassy. This new change will be valid for 3 years from 1 February 2017 to 1 February 2025.
Below is a list of nationalities who can apply online for an E-Visa:
|United Kingdom *||* UK Citizen can stay for 15 days without a visa|
|Spain *||* Spain Citizen can stay for 15 days without a visa|
|France *||* France Citizen can stay for 15 days without a visa|
|Italy *||* Italy Citizen can stay for 15 days without a visa|
|Germany *||* Germany Citizen can stay for 15 days without a visa|
|Sweden||* Sweden Citizen can stay for 15 days without a visa|
|Norway||* Norway Citizen can stay for 15 days without a visa|
|Denmark||* Denmark Citizen can stay for 15 days without a visa|
|Finland||* Finland Citizen can stay for 15 days without a visa|
|Russia||* Russia Citizen can stay for 15 days without a visa|
|Japan||* Japanese Citizen can stay for 15 days without a visa|
|South Korea||* South Korean Citizen can stay for 15 days without a visa|
|The Philippines||* The Philippines Citizen can stay for 21 days without a visa|
|China*||* Not applicable for Chinese e-passport holders|
Eligible entry ports:
E-visas are currently accepted at the 33 following entry ports and border gatges.
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Da Nang International Airport
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Phu Bai International Airport (Hue)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
Border gates (16)
- Bo Y (Kon Tum Province)
- Cha Lo (Quang Binh)
- Cau Treo (Ha Tinh)
- Huu Nghi (Lao Cai)
- Ha Tien (Kien Giang)
- Lao Bao (Quang Tri)
- Lao Cai (Lao Cai)
- La Lay (Quang Tri)
- Moc Bai (Tay Ninh)
- Mong Cai (Quang Ninh)
- Nam Can (Nghe An)
- Na Meo (Thanh Hoa)
- Song Tien (An Giang)
- Tinh Bien (An Giang)
- Tay Trang (Dien Bien)
- Xa Mat (Tay Ninh)
- Chan May (Hue)
- Da Nang (Da Nang)
- Duong Dong (Kien Giang)
- Hon Gai (Quang Ninh)
- Hai Phong
- Nha Trang (Khanh Hoa)
- Quy Nhon (Binh Dinh)
- Saigon (HCMC)
- Vung Tau (Ba Ria-Vung Tau)
How to apply
- You can visit Immigration Department website: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt to read further information about e-visa and submit visa application form.
- Required documents: Online application form, photos to submit online, scan of passport and application fee (25 USD ~ 604,000 VND).
- Processing time is 03-05 business days and application result will be sent to your email. You can also check the status of your visa application on the same website using the application number. To request for an expedited processing, you will need to go through a local agency like vietnamvisa or myvietnamvisa.com.
- Those whose nationalities are not yet on the eligible list can still apply for a visa through local embassy/consulate or for a visa on arrival.
Ever wonder how the immigration takes place? Here is what happens as you leave your country for Vietnam.
In this page, you will find the detailed guide to fill out a Vietnam visa application forms and entry/exit form.
Vietnam photo details and specifications for passport and visa applicants.