Vietnamese BBQ Wings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
This recipe will give you a sense of what general Vietnamese cuisines is like. Sweet and tangy - try it and love it.
- 2 pounds chicken’s wings
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp almond oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ground garlic
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 450oF or 200oC
- Smooth cooking oil onto the toast tray or line aluminum paper
- Wash clean chicken’s wings, cut into 3 parts, roll over the wheat flour
- Arrange 1 layer of the wings over the tray, grill for 15 minutes
- Mix honey, lemon mash liquor, almond oil, sugar, garlic, ginger in one pot, boil to rumble, then sprinkle this sauce over the wings and grill for 10-12 more minutes
Serving suggestion: serve with cooked rice or vermicelli, you can also sprinkle green onion on top for extra flavour.
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.