- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Fresh fruits (Avocado, Papaya, Dragon fruit, Grape, Pineapple, Kiwi…): ½-3/4 cup each
- 1 tbsp rum or rum extract
- 2 tsp sugar
- A piece of cinnamon bark.
- Smoothed ice.
- Heat the sugar and the cinnamon in rum, add water if needed.
- Cut the fruits into tiny cubes, then put into a cup.
- Pour the liquid of sugar, wine and cinnamon into the cup, but just equal to 40% of the fruits.
- Put ice onto the cup and serve.
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.