Chicken stir fry with vermicelli
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
Stir fy dish is very popular in Vietnam, especially one that combines vermicelli with a type of meat and colourful vegetables.
- 1/3 pound chicken, boiled
- 3 tbsp mushroom
- 1/3 pound vermicelli
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- ½ bulb of onion
- 1 blade of celery
- 2 tsp of sugar
- ½ tsp of pepper
- Cooking oil
- Chop boiled chicken into small pieces
- Soak vermicelli in warm water for a few minutes then let it dry
- Wash clean mushroom, slice into thin layers
- Wash clean chilly, celery and onion, slice thinly
- Boil cooking oil, braise celery, chilly and mushroom then add sugar, pepper, and spice
- Mix the above with chicken and vermicelli
- Serving suggestion: serve hot with fish sauce and chilly sauce
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.