Chicken steamed with lemon
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 50 minutes
Lemon and lime can be used interchangeably in this simple recipe. You can cut down on the wait time for marinating chicken by preparing it in advance.
- 1 Pullet
- 2 Dried lime peels
- 1 Tsp of sugar
- 1 Tsp of spice
- ½ Tsp of clove’s bud
- 2 Tsp of grinded ginger
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 1Tbsp wine
- Cooking oil
- Wash the pullet with salt and water, let it dry
- Mix it with sugar, spice, ginger for 3 hours
- Add 3 liters of water, lime peels, clove’s bud, salt, sugar into one pot, heat for 20 minutes
- Pour in the pullet, boil well for 20 – 25 minutes, and take out, let it dry
- Boil cooking oil, fry the pullet until its skin turns yellow
- Chop into pieces, arrange to dish
- Serving suggestion: serve with cooked rice or vermicelli and fish sauce
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.