Chicken with passionfruit sauce
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
This dish combines both the tanginess of passionfruit and the flavourful chicken.
- 1 Pound chicken
- 4 passionfruits
- 2 Tsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp spice
- Cooking oil
- Chop chicken into pieces
- Mix chicken with spice, sugar for 20 minutes
- Boil cooking oil, fry well chicken
- Mix passionfruit sauce: take out its seeds, add some water and sugar, stir well
- Put butter to the hot pan, when it is melt completely, pour in 2/3 of the passion fruit sauce, then put in the fried chicken, cook for 10 minutes
- When chicken is cooked through, pour in the remaining lemon sauce
Serving suggestion: serve hot with cooked rice
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.