Chicken mixed with papaya
- Preparation time: 35 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
This recipe can make a beautiful one dish meal and served for lunch or dinner.
- ½ Pound chicken drumsticks
- ½ Pound shelled green papaya
- ½ Pound sliced medium - mature papaya
- 1 Sliced cucumber
- 1 Sliced tomato
- 1 Pound bean sprouts washed clean
- 2 Tsp of salt
- 2 Tbsp of sugar
- 2 Cups of vinegar
- Cooking oil
- Boil the chicken drumsticks, take out the bone
- Slice green papaya, soak in vinegar, salt and sugar for 1 hour
- Slice cucumber, tomato, medium – mature papaya into small pieces then mix with bean sprouts and some vinegar, salt, sugar, cooking oil
- Pour down the above mixture and chicken to dish
- Sprinkle vinegar, salt, sugar and olive oil, stir well when using
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.