Vietnamese Braised Chicken with Mushroom
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
Though the combination of chicken and mushroom is popular worldwide, you will not be disappointed by trying this new recipe.
- 2 pound chicken
- 1 cup white mushroom, shiitake mushroom or dried Chinese mushroom
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 2 scallions
- Cooking oil
- Chop chicken into pieces, mix with salt, pepper
- Wash clean mushroom and finely chopped. The dish can significantly enhanced flavour with the dried mushroom found in Asian grocery store.
- Heat cooking oil, fry scallion, put chicken into the pan, stir fry until well-cooked
- Pour water into the pan, cooked with mushroom for 20 minutes
- Mix corn starch with water, pour into the pan and stir until it is viscous appropriately
Serving suggestion: serve hot with bread and salad
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.