Chicken cooked with black bean
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
The black bean may add the black cover to the yummy tasty chicken. This is one of the easiest to cook in Vietnamese dinner.
- ½ chicken or 3 chicken drumsticks
- 4 Tbsp black bean
- 1 Bulb of onion
- 2 Tsp shredded ginger
- 1 Tsp of pepper
- 1 Tsp of spice
- Mix chicken with sliced onion, spice, ginger and pepper
- Boil water and black bean for 20 minutes, then put chicken in, heat with small fire until well-cooked
- Pour down to dish
- Serving suggestion: serve with coriander
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.