Chicken braised with potato
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
A popular recipe shared by many Vietnamese housewives.
- 2 russet potato
- 2 Pound chicken
- 1 Tbsp mushroom
- 2 Tbsp of grinded ginger
- Green onion, spice, sugar, cooking oil
- Wash chicken, chop into pieces
- Mix chicken with oil and 1 teaspoon of spice
- Soak mushroom in warm water, then slice
- Boil cooking oil, fry onion and ginger then braise with mixed chicken pieces
- Add a tbsp of sugar into the pan, braise until they turn to yellow
- Add 1 bowl of water into the pan, then pour in potato and mushroom, heat for about 30 minutes until well-cooked
Serving suggestion: serve hot with vermicelli or cooked rice
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.