Vietnamese Lettuce and Fruit Salad
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
This salad recipe is both quick and easy to make. You can also blend in most types of fruits that you like too. Suggestions include berries and mangoes.
- 1 red apple - Gala is recommended
- 1 pear
- 1 orange, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp White vinegar
- 1 lettuce
- 2 tsp honey
- Thinly slice apple, pear, orange, then mix well in a big bowl
- Blend olive oil, vinegar, and honey in a cup to make the dressing
- Pour the liquid over the fruits and lettuce to coat well and toss continuously
- Scoop to small dishes and decorated by chopped roasted nuts.
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.