Vietnamese Banana Cake
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 60 minutes
With the addition of coconut and bread pieces, this very Vietnamese recipe will make you think twice the next time you bake banana bread.
- 3 peeled bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp sweet condensed milk
- 3/8 cup
- 2/3 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tsp butter
- 2 slice toasted bread
- Mash banana and tear bread into smaller pieces.
- Mix banana, bread, coconut milk, sugar, and wheat flour together.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered mould and bake uncovered for 1 hour or until golden at 350F (175-180C). Open the oven to butter on the cake surface to make it more sweet-smelling and appealing.
- Remove from the oven and stand 10 minutes before removing from the mould.
Óc trần lá ngải
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Grilled beef wrapped in wild betel leaf
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.