Soft Tofu Soup
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1cake soft tofu
- ½ small squash
- 1 branch celery
- ¼ small China squash
- 3 potatoes
- 3 Tbsp Shiitake mushroom
- Seasoning powder, pepper
- 5 Cups consommé
- Cut tofu into square pieces
- Peel squash, clean and cut into slices
- Clean celery and cut into pieces
- Peel China squash and potato, clean and cut into square pieces
- Clean Shiitake mushroom and cut into slices
- Boil consommé, put tofu and all kinds of vegetable in, add seasoning powder.
Ladle soup out into bowl, sprinkle with pepper. This dish is served hot with cooked rice
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.