- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Fresh strawberries: 1 pound
- Sugar: 2 cup
- Vanilla: 1 tbsp
- Cook sugar and vanilla in a pot in order for the sugar to entirely melt.
- String 5 strawberries on every skewer.
- Dip the strawberries into the sugar liquid so that every strawberry is covered.
- Serve when cool.
Óc trần lá ngải is listed among the most horror foods for foreign visitors in Vietnam.
Riding along the crowded streets of Saigon in the afternoon, people can often be attracted by a fragrant and spicy smell of seasoned grilled rolls of beef, stemming from moving-stalls blurred in the smoke from charcoal flame. This dish, wrapped up in wild betel leaf, has become a favorite snack of Vietnamese, particularly Saigonese, to serve with beer or wine.
Snakehead fish congee can appear as a normal dish of the commoners, but to those who first taste, that dish served in hotpot style is quite a surprise.