Keeping Yourself Healthy
Tips to keep you healthy:
- Have your food cooked thoroughly. This is equal to refusing to eat any raw or half-cooked food, especially street food.
- Drink only bottled water or chilled boiled water. Tap water is not drinkable in Vietnam so your water bottle will not be of much use here. You can buy a 1.5l mineral water and carry with you around. Try to avoid ice at all times.
- Wash hands frequently, before eating and after using the toilets. It might be best to keep a hand-sanitizer handy and use it often as you can. Hand-sanitizer is also available for purchase at most supermarkets in Vienam.
- Avoid lettuce, unpeeled fruits and vegetables in street vendors. Local authorities also advise that you thoroughly wash fruits carefully before consuming.
- Stay active. Traveling to an exotic country may sometimes mean overstuffing yourself with seafood and foreign cuisines. Help your digestive system by walking lightly after a heavy meals and stay active during the day with mildly rigorous activities such as hiking, trekking and swimming.
Can I travel to Vietnam right now? What are the requirement? When can I expect to be allowed to travel to Vietnam? Find answers to these questions with our frequently updated travel alerts.
"When is the best time to visit Vietnam" is one of the most common questions that spring up to mind for all trip planners. Overall the golden time to visit the country is March-May and October-early December.
Although the cost of living has risen tremendously in Vietnam in recent years, you can still to live by with few dollars per day in your pocket. Below is a quick summary of what a dollar can be worth in various cities in Vietnam.