To-pack list for Vietnam
Following is a list of things that you must or should take along:
• Passport with all applicable documents (visa, vaccination record, etc.) and extra passport-sized photos
• A piece of paper with all the following information: Your passport number ; Family’s contact from your home country ; Your bank’s phone number in case you lose your bank cards ; Your embassy’s address and phone number in Vietnam ; Emergency number (police, ambulance) ; Your hotel phone and address (if you have booked in advance)
• Emergency Kit and Insect Repellent
• Camera and batteries or charger
• Medicines if you have existing prescriptions
• Your travel guide book
• Sunglasses and Sunscreen: 45 SPF should be enough for the severity of heat and sunray in Vietnam.
• Clothes: most of Vietnam is hot but Northern Vietnam can be quite cold from October to January. If you plan to visit during this time or visit the mountain area such as Sapa or Da Lat, bring a coat. Otherwise pack mostly light cotton clothes for the humid summer.
• Underwear: bring lots
• Swimsuits: if you are planning for the beach
• Footwear: if you plan to walk a lot, bring a pair of walking shoes. Flip-flops are also popular options. However, sandals are recommended if you want to visit pagodas, museums and mausoleums.
Below is a list of what you might or might not want to take depending on your need:
• Mobile phone, laptop, music player and respective chargers
• Travel Diary
• Sanitary paper or tampons, if you are really loyal to your brand
• Reading materials
• Ipod or MP3 player