Obtaining A Vietnam Work Permit
Work permit in Vietnam is issued by the Department of Labor, Invalid and Society. It is valid for a period of 36 months (3 years). After it is expired; foreigners have to reapply for a renewal permit.
In order to apply for a work permit, you must meet the following conditions:
- Over 18 years old and have adequate health condition to match the demand of the job.
- High degree of specialized knowledge, qualification and technology; experienced in management, business and other professions that the domestic labors cannot currently conduct efficiently.
- If foreigners want to work in special jobs in education or health, they are required to meet all requirements of conducting health and education work of the Vietnamese authorities.
- Have no criminal record in their living country, Vietnam or other countries; being not under any warrant of arrest or jailing by the Vietnamese or foreign policemen.
Foreigners in Vietnam are required to have a valid work permit, except one of these circumstances:
- Working in Vietnam for less than 3 months
- In a company’s board of the corporation that is created under the regulation of the Vietnamese government.
- Head of the representative office or branch of an international company in Vietnam
- Entering and working in Vietnam to resolve the emergent errors or situation that the Vietnamese labors or current foreign workers in Vietnam cannot solve.
- Lawyers that are given permission by the Vietnamese Department of Justice.
How to apply
The process of applying or renewing a work permit for foreigners in Vietnam includes 2 main steps:
Step 1: Completing the application form and submiting it at the municipal office of Department of Labor, Invalid and Society. The application consists of:
- A filled form of applying for the work permit
- Work application or confirmation of work change (by the employers).
- The judicial profile issued by the authority of the resident country or the municipal office of Justice in Vietnam (if have lived in Vietnam for more than 6 months)
- The autobiographical profile with photo
- Health certificate issued in residential country or in Vietnam
- Copies of qualifications or professional certificates or confirmation of qualifications by authorized offices
- 3 color photos (3x4cm) that has been taken within 1 year.
Step 2: Coming to the submission center and collecting the work permit.
Processing time and fee
The processing time is 15 working days.
Fee: Fee for a work permit application in Vietnam varies with three major levels:
- For new applicants: VND400, 000/permit (USD 20).
- For re-issued work permits: VND 300,000/permit (USD15).
- For renewal work permits: VND 200,000/permit (USD 10).
I am Very interest job in veitnam
Foreigners, who want to reside in Vietnam in the long run to work, do business, study or research may be interested in the renewed policies on immigration of Vietnamese government. Ten years ago, foreigners who wanted to stay in Vietnam for a long period of time were only able to apply for a six- to twelve-month visa and were not exempted for entry or exit visa.
A permanent residence card (PRC) is the perfect solution for foreigners who intend to reside in Vietnam for a long period of time. However, according to the Ordinance No. 24/2000 on Entry, Exit and Residence of foreigners in Vietnam, foreigners may become permanent residents in Vietnam in certain circumstances and under rather limited conditions.
If you are from a country with developed garbage collection system such as Sweden or Canada, you may feel it very strange as you get used to the norm of waste and recycling in Vietnam.