Vietnam To Resume International Tourism From 15th March
Approval for reopening inbound and outbound travel adhering to new normal conditions from 15th March was issued by the government on Wednesday 16th February.
This official approval was announced by the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism in the most recent conference on a nationwide detailed reopening plan directed by Deputy Vu Duc Dam taken place on Wednesday 16th February. All the ministries and departments have come to a mutual agreement to open all air, land, sea borders, remove all travel restrictions, and resume e-visa, unilateral and bilateral visa exemption policy for 13 and 88 countries respectively to back to the pre-pandemic situation from 15th March.
Foreign traveler enjoying the view of the bay of Cat Ba
In addition, the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism was also asked to cooperate with the Ministries of Health and Foreign Affairs to make a new proposal on visa insurance policy.
To be more specific, international travelers need to qualify following Vietnam's pandemic prevention regulations in order to enter the country:
- Obtain a certificate of being fully vaccinated or recovered from Covid-19.
- They also have to show a negative rapid antigen test result within 24 hours or a negative PCR Test within 72 hours.
- At least one health tracking application is installed during the stay in Vietnam.
- International travelers arriving by air who have Covid symptoms are required to take quick Covid testing at the airport.
- Other foreign tourists have to self-isolate within 24 hours in their accommodation until they get a negative Covid test result, continuously monitor their health for the next 14 days, and implement the 5K policy.
- Overseas tourists entering the country by land will be tested at the borders.
Besides, international tourists to Vietnam also need to purchase medical insurance cover for Covid treatment at a cost of around $30. With this insurance, those suffering from Covid-19 will receive treatment worth at least $US 10.000.
Phu Quoc And Con Dao Are Among Most Beautiful Islands In Southeast Asia
Con Dao and Phu Quoc Islands off the southern coast of Vietnam were voted in the list of 10 most stunning islands in Southeast Asia by voters of the US magazine Travel + Leisure.
Six Senses Con Dao Named Among 15 Best Resorts In Asia
Six Senses Con Dao Resort in southern Vietnam has recently been included in the list of 15 best resorts in Asia by readers of the US magazine Travel + Leisure.
Recent International Flight Resumption In Vietnam
As Vietnam has already lifted Covid-19 prevention measures, the country enjoys a tourism boost and the restart of many international flights from different regions worldwide.