Can a foreigner drive motorbike in Vietnam?
Question: I am planning to make a motorbike tour in Vietnam. I just wanna ask can I drive motorbike in the country as local people still do?
Answer: Maybe you can but please take note the following information. The international driving license is not recognized in Vietnam, hence, for legally driving a motorbike/ a car, you need to get a Vietnamese license. If you do not have Vietnam license, there is no travel insurance for you. In addition, Vietnam’s traffic law has some different rules from Western countries’. For example, you are required to drive on the right side of the road, not on the left side as in your country. If you can deal well with these problems, you can travel by motorbike in Vietnam.
Did you find this answer helpful?
Helpful (0) Not Helpful (0)
Join the conversation
ALL COMMENTS (0)
There are no comments. Add your comment to start the conversation.
- Need suggestions of cheap taxi from Ho Chi Minh Airport to District 1
- Can we bring a laptop along with our hand baggage in Vietnam Airlines?
- Should I visit Sapa in late-January and early-February?
- Buckwheat Flower Season in Ha Giang?
- Should I bargain at Ben Thanh Market?