Buckwheat Flower Season in Ha Giang?
Question: Hi, I’m planning to visit Ha Giang in April. Can I see Buckwheat Flower Season in this month?
Answer: Buckwheat Flower or Tam Giac Mach in Vietnamese is a special flower growing in northern mountainous provinces of Vietnam. It is noted that this flower doesn’t grow naturally, it is planted by farmers, therefore, the time of buckwheat season really depends on these farmers.
Normally, buckwheat flowers are in blossom in October & November in Ha Giang Province and in March & April in Bac Giang Province. Hence, if you want to see buckwheat flower season, you should visit Bac Giang Province in April, instead of Ha Giang as your planning. In addition to admiring the beauty of buckwheat flowers, you should try wine and cake made from them, it is very special.
- Need suggestions of cheap taxi from Ho Chi Minh Airport to District 1
- Can we bring a laptop along with our hand baggage in Vietnam Airlines?
- Should I visit Sapa in late-January and early-February?
- Should I bargain at Ben Thanh Market?
- Train ticket from HCM to Nha Trang?