Korean Air Flights to Vietnam
There are currently three direct flights from Seoul to Hanoi organized by Korean Air. Two of them are daily with one departing at 19.30 (local time) and another one taking off at (10.05). Another flight on this route is only provided on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday at 18.05 every week.
On the other hand, daily flights from Seoul to Ho Chi Minh City have two options. One flight departs at 19.15 and lands at 22.20, and another one takes off at 10.15 and arrives at 13.40.
Ticket fare depends on the time and date and can get as low as $500 for round trip travel. One way trip is approximately 5 hours to Hanoi and 7 hours to Saigon.
Besides Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Korean Air also operates direct flight to Danang and Nha Trang.
Baggage Allowance on Korean Air Flights From South Korea To Vietnam
It is important to note that if you fly from another destination and make a transit in South Korea before proceeding to Vietnam, the baggage allowance of the original location may apply for the whole route.
Passengers are allowed the following:
- Economy Class: 1 item of 12kg in weight and 115cm in total dimensions.
- Prestige and First class: 2 items of 18kg in weight each and 115cm in total dimensions.
- Permitted extra items: laptop computer, camera, mobile phone, briefcase, or handbag
General rule: Size of three dimensions of luggage cannot exceed 158cm.
- Flights involve a stop or final destination in the Americas: 2 pieces x 23kg/each (50 lbs each).
- Flight from/ to Brazil: 2 pieces x 32kg/each (66 lbs each)
- Flights from/to other destinations: total weight limit of 20kg (44 lbs)
- Flights involve a stop or final destination in the Americas: 2 pieces x 32kg/each (66 lbs each).
- Flights from/to other destinations: total weight limit of 30kg (66 lbs)
- Flights involve a stop or final destination in the Americas: 2-3 pieces x 32kg/each (66 lbs each).
- Flights from/to other destinations: total weight limit of 40kg (88 lbs)
- Infant travelers are allowed 1 collapsible stroller, portable cradle, or child car seat; 1 bag with a size less than 115cm/45ins and maximum weight of 10kg/22lbs
Restricted check-in items
- Expensive personal belongings such as jewelry, laptop, mobile phone, precious metals
- Samples, fragile items, perishable goods and similar items.
Korean Air Prestige Class
The prestige class on Korean Air offers passengers a more comfortable seat that can be transformed into a fully flat bed for sleeping. The seats are equipped with buttons to adjust the seat positions, and AC outlet to plug in electronically devices. Passengers’ seats are also equipped with one 15.4 inch LCD and an entertainment complex to enjoy the various options of entertainment such as TV, movies, music, information channels and games. In addition, the meals on this class are prepared carefully with high quality ingredients and served as in a top restaurant on the ground. The menu is also various and attractive with different dishes and beverage from Korea and all other places around the world.
Korean Air Prestige Class - Photo: Korean Air
Many of the flights between South Korea and Vietnam are overnight flights - so expect a snack and a full breakfast to be served.
Korean Air has very good meal service compared with other airlines. Most meals are well prepared and presented and main meals often give the option of traditional Korean items such as Bibimbap or Gimbap. In fact, Korean Air often won global Mercury award for excellent inflight meals.
Breakfast on Korean Air - Photo: Inflight Feed
Korean Air Safety Record
In that last 20 years, Korean Air has excellent safety record with little or no incidence. The airline has been praised as one of the best airlines in East and Southeast Asia.
Korean Air Contact
Opening Hours: 8:30 - 17:00, closed on Saturday, Sunday and holiday
Telephone (0243) 934-7247 (Korean #2, English#3, Chinese #4, Japanese #5)
Address: Room 1401, 14th Floor, Discovery Complex, 302 Cau Giay street
In Ho Chi Minh City
Telephone (0283) 824-2878 (Korean #2, English#3, Chinese #4, Japanese #5)
Address: 9th Floor, Diamond Plaza, 34 Le Duan St., District 1
I have a question regarding your return