Will I face language problem while visiting Vietnam?
Q: I am planning to visit Vietnam this coming February. Will I face any language problem while visiting Vietnam? Can I get by speaking English?
A: Mostly yes! Most young people in Vietnam and many of those working in the tourism industry speak sufficient English to communicate at a basic level so you will certainly be able to get by in English. However, a basic phrasebook or learning a few standard Vietnamese words (such as hello, thank you, goodbye and how much is it?) would be recommended as there will be hard to find English spoken at small restaurants, in local markets or anywhere of the tourist trail.
Also, a lot of Vietnamese elders, especially those who are over 60 years old from the north, can speak wonderfully old-fashioned French, and some are able to communicate in Russian and German.
- How long does it take to get a Vietnam visa?
- Is there any bus from Hanoi Airport to city center?
- Need suggestions of cheap taxi from Ho Chi Minh Airport to District 1
- Where to take a good massage in Phu Quoc?
- Can we bring a laptop along with our hand baggage in Vietnam Airlines?