- VISA AT EMBASSY: 5-7 working days depending on the embassy location. For example, it takes only 24 hours to get a visa in Cambodia while it may take 5 working days to obtain one in the USA.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL: 3 working days to receive the approval letter by email. However, some agencies can handle it in just 2.5 hours in Emergency cases.
- EVISA: It takes 3 working days to receive the evisa code but many users reported it actually takes 5 working days.
Please find below the list of World Heritage Sites in Vietnam:
- Complex of Hue Monuments (1993)
- My Son Sanctuary (1999)
- Hoi An Ancient Town (1999)
- Central Sector of the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long - Hanoi (2010)
- Citadel of the Ho Dynasty (2011)
- Ha Long Bay (1994)
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park (2003)
- Trang An Landscape Complex (2014)
For more information, please refer to the link below:
Summer is the golden time of flip flops and sandals in general. The scorching weather prevents many people from wearing shoes; moreover flip flops/sandals are so much convenient to take off before entering some café, restaurants or even pagodas. There are two biggest places for this product, one is Le Duan Street and the other is Hang Dau Street.
As Le Duan Street mainly provides working clothes, like rubber boots, rain coat, security uniforms, flip flop/sandals are not their major products. The positive features are low price and durability, but the styles are limited and the design is quite rough (imagine Birkenstock and the likes).
Hang Dau has a better diversity of styles, colors and designs, and the prices are just slightly higher. Shops here also sell bamboo flip flops, which are very stylish in this hot weather, and high quality leather sandals, sometimes imported from Korean or Japan. You really should go outside and get one pair for your own.
Airport departure tax for domestic flight is $2 and for international departure tax is $14. The taxes are included in the air tickets, even low cost carriers like Air Asia often include the airport tax so you do not have to worry about paying extra.
Vietnam Airlines has several offices in North America, including San Francisco. The address for Vietnam Airlines San Francisco office is:
Address: 88 Kearny St # 1400 San Francisco, CA 94108
Telephone: (415) 677-0888
Toll free: 1-866-677-8909
Fax: (415) 677-9788
You can also contact the office by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
The opening hours of San Francisco office is Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM. Note that the office is closed on Saturday and Sunday and major holidays.
Other useful information about Vietnam Airlines:
There are a number of ways to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Phu Quoc island, but the most popular way is to take a flight. Currently, Vietjet Air and Vietnam Airlines operate flights daily departing for the island.
› Vietjet Air flights:
* Air ticket starts at $50 one way. One way flight takes 45 minutes.
› Vietnam Airlines flights:
* Air ticket starts at $50 and there are 8 flights back and forth between the two cities daily. One way flight takes 45 minutes.
* You can also travel on a high speed ferry from Rach Gia (Kien Giang) to Phu Quoc - which takes 3 hour and costs about $12. There are multiple ferries departing daily to Phu Quoc and back but it may take you a long time to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Rach Gia.
|We offer flight reservation between Ho Chi Minh City and Phu Quoc for both Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet Air. Contact us for the best fare and detailed schedule.|
Vietnamese New Year, or Tet, is the biggest festival and holiday of a year in the country. In 2012, Vietnamese New Year will fall on Monday - January 23rd. Most public offices will be closed from Saturday (January 21st) and will be reopen on Monday (January 29th). The main Tet days are January 23rd, 24th and 25th.
Many attractions will be closed, while those like Hue citadel will be open during the three days of Tet with free admission. Cu Chi Tunnel, for your information, remains open during Tet holiday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
For more information about Tet and Tet travel advice, read visit our Vietnamese Tet page or take a look at the following articles:
Thank you for your questions. We have encountered similar inquiries from many of our audience and thus we have maintained a detailed page on Adoption matters in Vietnam. Please take a look at the following post in order to understand what procedures you will have to go through, and the tips that we have collected for adopting Vietnamese children.
- Start with learning about Step-by-step adoption process.
- Check whether you are eligible to adopt a Vietnamese child.
- Learn about Canadian law in adopting a foreign born baby.
- Find an agent who will facilitate the process.
We hope that this guide is comprehensive enough to you and please contact us if you have more questions to ask.
Question: Where to go in Vietnam in January?
Answer: January weather is cold and occasionally chilly in the Northern Vietnam but gradually warmer when heading southwards. The temperature in the Northern parts, typically, Hanoi, is around 150C. Meanwhile, in the Central and Southern regions like Hoi An or Saigon, the temperature fluctuates around 200C and 300C respectively. With the weather conditions like this, the best places suggested for travelers to visit Vietnam in January is in the Central and Southern cities/ provinces such as Saigon, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Hue, Hoi An, etc. Nonetheless, if you still desire to visit Hanoi or other Northern provinces, you can visit Huong Pagoda (Perfume Pagoda), Halong Bay, and Sapa. Perfume Pagoda in January is cool and windy but pretty tranquil. The main festival of Perfume Pagoda often takes place in Late-February, therefore, it is hardly crowded in this month. Besides, it is a bit chilly to visit Halong Bay and Sapa as well, however, if you want to avoid the crowd, this is the best time to go.
Question: What are the opening hours of the St Joseph Cathedral, One Pillar Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Literature's Temple, History Museum, Hoa Lo Prison, Vietnamese Women's Museum, Keang nam Hanoi tower, Perfume Pagoda and Bamboo Wing?
Answer: Please find below the opening hours of the above tourist attractions:
• St. Joseph Cathedral: Opening hours for Catholic rituals
Weekdays: 5:30 am and 6:30 pm
Saturdays: 6:00 pm
Sundays: 5:00 am, 7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 4:00 pm, 6:00 pm
• Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum opens on Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat, Sun in the morning, from 8:00am to 11:00am
• Ho Chi Minh Museum opens every Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat, Sun and Mon + Fri morning.
• One Pillar Pagoda opens all days in week, in the morning from 6:00 am to 11:00 am, and in the afternoon from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
• Temple of Literature, Hoa Lo prison open daily from 8am to 5pm
• Keangnam Hanoi tower opens daily from 7am to 9pm
• Perfume Pagoda opens daily, you should visit at day time by joining one tour departing from Hanoi
• Bamboo Wing opens daily, it is located in Dai Lai Resort, Vinh Phuc Province. It is around 40km away from Hanoi.