When is Vietnamese new year 2012? Will Cu Chi Tunnel be open during Tet?
Vietnamese New Year, or Tet, is the biggest festival and holiday of a year in the country. In 2012, Vietnamese New Year will fall on Monday - January 23rd. Most public offices will be closed from Saturday (January 21st) and will be reopen on Monday (January 29th). The main Tet days are January 23rd, 24th and 25th.
Many attractions will be closed, while those like Hue citadel will be open during the three days of Tet with free admission. Cu Chi Tunnel, for your information, remains open during Tet holiday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
For more information about Tet and Tet travel advice, read visit our Vietnamese Tet page or take a look at the following articles:
• 5 things to know about travelling during Tet
• Tet in Ho Chi Minh City - what to do
- Opening hours
- Best time to visit Hoi An
- Why Vietnam Tet Holiday changes its date from year to year? What will the date be for 2012? Is it ok to travel to Vietnam during that holiday?
- When is the best time to book cheap flights to Vietnam?
- When is the best time to visit Vietnam?