Is tipping recommended in Vietnam? If so, what is the normal amount?
Tipping is not compulsory in Vietnam but is generally expected, especially in the service industry. If you are pleased with the services provided, then a tip for people’s hard work will be very much appreciated. The usual amounts are:
For hotels: US$2/time/room for hotel porters and room attendants.
For restaurants: 10% of the bill if you are happy with the service provided by your waiter/waitress.
For spa/massage: US$5 – US$10 if you have enjoyed their service.
Tour Guide/Drivers: US $5 - 10 / day for guide and driver
Did you find this answer helpful?
Helpful (0) Not Helpful (0)
Join the conversation
ALL COMMENTS (0)
There are no comments. Add your comment to start the conversation.
- How long does it take to get a Vietnam visa?
- Is there any bus from Hanoi Airport to city center?
- Need suggestions of cheap taxi from Ho Chi Minh Airport to District 1
- Where to take a good massage in Phu Quoc?
- Can we bring a laptop along with our hand baggage in Vietnam Airlines?