Vietnam Passport Renewal in the US
Vietnamese residing, working or studying in the United States can apply for a passport renewal at the embassy in Washington DC or the Consulate in San Francisco.
Vietnamese residing, working or studying in the United States can apply for a passport renewal at the embassy in Washington DC or the Consulate in San Francisco. To qualify for a passport renewal, your passport must be valid for at least 30 days and the applicant must be at least 14 years old.
Application for a passport renewal (click here to download Application form for passport renewal).
- 2 passport sized photos (2x2 inches), with 1 attached to the application form (see Passport photos requirement)
- Passport and a copy of passport (no notarization needed).
- A copy of your ID such as birth certificate or Vietnam Identity card.
- A scanned copy of relevant documents that show your status in the US, such as I-20, DS-2019, I- 797A
- Prepaid return envelop with tracking service such as Fedex or USPS Priority, with your name and address prewritten.
Fee: $110 in money order or cashier check, payable to "Embassy of Vietnam" or "Consulate of Vietnam", whichever you are sending your application to.
For example if you get a new passport in New York, please make your check payable to "The Consulate of Vietnam in New York"
Where to apply
You can apply for a passport renewal either in person or by mail. If by mail, send all the required documents and fee to one of the two addresses.
- Vietnam Embassy in Washington: 1233 20th Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036.
- Vietnam Consulate in California: 1700 California St., Suite 430 San Francisco, CA 94109
- Vietnam Consulate in Texas: 5251 Westheimer Rd, Suite 1100 Houston, Texas 77056
- Vietnam Consulate in New York: 866 U.N. Plaza, Suite 428, New York, NY 10017
If your passport already expires, you will need to apply for a new passport.
If you change your name or gender, you need to show the proof of change issued by the relevant authorities.