Vietnam travel guide for visitors from Singapore
If you are Singaporeans or expats living in Singapore, you just cannot miss out on the opportunity to visit Vietnam. There are at least 5 reasons why so:
- There are just so many flights daily from Singapore to all major cities in Vietnam; many of them are incredible deal
- Flight time is just 1.5-3 hours, making family travel or weekend getaway so convenient and easy
- Travel cost overall is really affordable, and a 3 day trip can even be less expensive than a dining out experience in your home country!
- Vietnam has sea and mountain, and even more (like Halong Bay!) that will bring you a unique holiday
- Top class resorts and wonderful food heavens are awaiting you, if you need some change from your daily routine
How to get there?
Singapore and Vietnam are well connected through a variety of airlines:
- Singapore Airlines fly to both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam Airlines fly to Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Phu Quoc
- Tiger Air provides excellent air fare deals from as low as $89 for a round trip ticket
(if you need a hand in finding the best air ticket, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org)
How to budget your time while you are here?
Although we say you need at least 1 month to experience the country, you can just divide it into several trips since Vietnam and Singapore are so close!
For first-timers, the below are a must:
Hanoi - Halong Bay 4 day 3 night: visit the capital city and spend a 3 day 2 night cruising on the emerald water of Halong Bay. Imagine waking up on sunrise in the middle of grotto jungle, you will feel so blessed to live so close to this world heritage site!
Trip type: cruise, caves, colonial architecture
Hanoi - Sapa 3 day 4 night: this is ideal for a weekend getway - you fly into Hanoi in the afternoon, take the night train to Sapa and then stay for 2 day 1 night there before returning on night train to Hanoi for a morning flight.
Trip types: train, mountain, hill tribe, colonial architecture
Danang - Hoi An 4 day 3 night: Danang is famous for its wonderful beach, and the cultural spot town of Hoi An is just half an hour away, making a perfect combination of relaxation and local culture discovery
Trip types: beach, resort, relaxation, ancient city, culture
Ho Chi Minh City - Mekong Delta 4 day 3 night: Ho Chi Minh City is just 1.5 hour from Singapore and the weather is similar enough to not throw you in a shock. The Mekong Delta with floating market and coconut filled boats are just 3-4 hours by car away, something you can never find in urban Singapore.
Trip types: local life, shopping, floating markets
Visa and Immigration:
Singaporeans (with valid passport) are allowed to visit Vietnam for 1 month without a visa. Other nationalities except Southeast Asian, Nordic countries, Russian (see full list of visa exemption) can apply for a visa at Vietnamese embassy in Singapore or for visa on arrival.
Vietnamese embassy in Singapore:
Address 10 Leedon Park St., SINGAPORE 267887
Telephone 64625938 (Protocol & Administration) / 64625994 (Consular)
Fax 64689863 (Protocol & Administration) / 64625936 (Consular )