Like any other airline in Vietnam, VietJet Air applies international standards and regulations to its baggage policy. Below are some essential information that passenger of VietJet should notice:
• Hand baggage: Maximum weight allowed for handbag is 7kg; and three dimensions not exceeding 56 x 36 x 23 cm.
• Checked baggage: Passenger are not allowed to carry more than 32 kg and the size of baggage should be within 119 x 119 x 81 cm. Notice that high charge will be applied for every single over size package.
• Restricted items:
➢ Not properly packed items which cannot ensure safe delivery during the trip
➢ Items in the banned lists of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
➢ Prohibited items according to statutory law of any country/city of the destination, departure or transit
➢ Fragile or perishable items (can be transported with passengers’ own risk of loss or damage)
➢ Fresh or frozen seafood
➢ Firearm, ammunition and weapon of any type and razor tools that can be used as weapon
➢ Poisonous and flammable explosive substances, including solid, liquid and gas forms
➢ Live or dead animals
➢ Human or animal remains
• Passengers’ baggage is requested to be examined by X-Ray or other forms of scanning even in absence for security purpose.
• Wheelchairs, stroller and mobility-aid equipment or crutches will be transported for free
• Sports equipments can only be transported in cargo excluding any liability of damage
• Luggages which are not collected immediately after arriving by passengers will be charged with storage fee and can only be reimbursed within 2 months and with clear evidence of possession.